Monday, May 2, 2011

inspiration monday no. 1

Sweater: Target; shirt: Charlotte Russe; pants: thrifted; shoes (seen later): thrifted

I finally got around to participating in an Inspiration Monday Challenge by Two Birds! I want to get more connected to the blogosphere at large, so this seems like a nice, easy way to ease in.


This was the inspiration image. Katie Holmes, and I'm only just now realizing how almost exact my "interpretation" is.


I wore this on Saturday (so much for being inspired on Monday?) to go yard saling with Don, and we made out like bandits! I'm thinking about doing a post dedicated to our haul from just one perfect yard sale. The woman whose yard sale it was had recently gotten her Dutch mother's (grandmother's maybe) old things out of storage and was getting rid of some of them. It was a total goldmine, I'm lucky I only brought so much money with me or else I would have had a car full of things and no idea what to do with them.

I don't think we got anything from any of the other yard sales we went to. At one point I even said that I wished the signs for one of them had said "Garbage Sale" instead of "Garage Sale." Maybe that's a bit rough, but really so many people's mindset in getting rid of things is, "I know this is junk that's why I'm getting rid of it, but you should buy it from me."


I'm also getting a better at posing for pictures in a way that doesn't look like I'm super posing for them. Don pointed out that he liked this round much better than others because I don't look like a weird girl who isn't me. I also like them better.



Though this is also what happens when looking less posed. I make this face a lot. It's definitely a "Really?!?" face.

12 comments:

  1. The bicycle shot is fantastic. I haven't been to a yard sale in years, so I am envious of you and all the other bloggers that find such great things. Great job on interpreting the look and making it "sailing suitable." ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this look on you! those jeans are fabulous on you! and that bike shot is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm Courtney from MotherInHeels. I also love the bicycle in the pictures. That's a very cute idea. Your interpretation of the look is great, and the color of your cardigan is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bike certainly adds a bit of playfullness to the look-love it!

    Congrats on all your garage sale finds- hopefully you'll share them with everyone...? I always love to see what treasures other people find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I know what you mean about people trying to sell their garbage. Try looking for furniture on Craigslist. People use the term "vintage" very loosely these days to justify a whopping price tag. Dude, it's not vintage, it's just an ugly floral sofa.

    Cute outift! It looks just like Katie's, minus the zombie expression.

    I'm still trying to figure out how to take pictures that don't look awkward, but you look very much at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit. You look very natural in your pics. that is still a struggle for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's hard posing for pics. i really had a hard time posing for other people. then i got my tripod. i do silly stuff, but at least it's just me and then i can pick my very faves!

    i love those dark jeans and the purple sweater is great. you look fantastic! and the garage sale shopping sounds like fun!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally your first pose is very similar to hers. But I love your fun bike poses better.

    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great shots with the bicycle!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are so cute and adorable...and very youthful. Definitely cuter than Katie! :)

    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are really cute and the bicycle pictures are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the action shots on the bike and the purple cardi is super cute.
    love
    Lori xo
    http://loriswardrobeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete