Monday, May 9, 2011

inspiration monday no. 2

Jean jacket: thrifted Forever Twenty One
Pin: thrifted
Romper: thrifted
Belt: thrifted
Shoes: thrifted Etienne Aigner

Inspiration Monday again? Yup! I don't have any kids to take to the park, not even any borrowed ones, so I went to a book sale in my romper instead. The only book I came away with was "The Cosmo Girl's Guide to Etiquette" from sometime around 1970. I read it before bed last night, maybe now I'll be more tactful. Probably not though.


And the inspiration! Again, my "interpretation" is pretty spot on, but I only have so many rompers (one) and so many jean jackets (one) in my closet; there aren't too many ways to mix and match them.


I've also had this jacket for years and I can honestly say that I haven't worn it once. Not because I don't like it but just because I never know how to. Most of the time I'm worried about jeans on jeans outfits or even just blue on blue. A while ago I put a patch on the back thinking I'd wear it more but then I just got anxious about matching the patch to whatever else I was wearing (I don't think I'm punk enough for patches), so I took the patch off recently.

Maybe one of my summer goals should be to get more comfortable wearing this jacket. I shoot high with my goals.




I also thrifted this pin recently for my fantasy etsy business. Don only has to finish up some finals (and graduate this weekend!) and then the fun of putting it all together and hopefully sending things off to new homes will begin!

10 comments:

  1. I love the shape and color of your jacket. I'm sure you'll have no problem remixing it this summer, once you set your mind to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you want to wear the jacket more, just wear this outfit over and over this summer...it's definitely cute enough! you look great! i love the pin, too (good luck with the new store!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I like about these challenges is you end up wearing things you wouldn't normally have put together and you end up loving it. I really like your take on the look; the romper is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look sweet and country chic! The pin is cute and tweaks your jacket. Demin jackets goes well with almost anything, you will love it more as you wear it more often.

    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pin - cute touch. Also, great example of an entirely thrifted outfit. One would never guess. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great. One of the benefits of blogging for me is being more comfortable in my own skin and clothing choices........It really feels pretty damn good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely look! that's a great romper and love it with the belt. that jean jacket is great too and is so practical. basically you can wear it with anything...especially dresses. it always looks good with summer dresses!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You put together a great outfit! You really should enjoy your denim jacket this summer. It may turn out to be one of your favorite wardrobe items. :) I end up wearing mine with dresses most often, but also with white jeans or pants is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you put together a great casual outfit, great and young. That pin is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable. I especially love the pin!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete