Friday, April 29, 2011

ticker tape parade no. 9

Photos from The Snug Bug

As someone who also uses a little point-and-shoot camera, I really appreciated the photo tutorial on Snug Bug. Though maybe someday I too will own a fancy DSLR! (Also I think Patty is adorable so I couldn't resist the chance to look at copious amounts of pictures of her!)

I've been thinking recently on the difference between pushing myself to try new things clothing-wise (and show them off on this here blog) and wearing something because I think blog-land would approve. Shey at Modesty is Pretty wrote a post on almost exactly this recently!

Gertie wrote a post about how plus sized women's bodies are hidden in the media. She makes the point that if when women are shown bodies that look like their own but are covered up and minimized so that less attention is paid to them how are they supposed to feel proud of their own bodies? There are so many places this conversation could go, but I'm pretty disappointed by many of them commenters bringing more fat shaming to the space.

For something a bit more light-hearted, this video of a fellow filming a makeup tutorial on his partner is so cute!

I really love the blog Already Pretty. So I was really excited to see that right after there was a post on Already Pretty about breaking color pairing taboos, E. at academichic wore red and pink together! Take that Valentines day!

Finally, I started following Chaos Words (this is a friend's tumblr, it's mostly poetry and pictures), Grosgrain, MADE, and Yonder.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia! Thank you so much for your comments, I think it's important to stay true to one's self and style, you see it's very easy to get carried away with what other bloggers are wearing but many times I wonder if they really go dresses like that to work, I mean a big hat to work? Really? Or tiny skirts to work? I don't know about that, I think there's places where certain clothes can be worn but most important is to stay true to what feels comfortable. I also thinks that blogging does help you improve your style in that you can actually see what looks good and what doesn't work. Wish you the best on your style journey. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pictures are so beautiful i am following you now hope you can follow me too! :)

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete