Thursday, May 5, 2011

yard saling


Remember when I said I struck gold on a yard sale this past weekend? Here's the haul! (Minus two pants hangers. I didn't think you really wanted to see those.) Laying it out on the table made it seem like so much less, but I'm still pumped about it.


Let's start out with something exciting, such as getting things for free! There was a great free table at the corner of the driveway where we picked up this neat vacation kitsch wall hanging/dish towel thing. The colors! The font! The popularization of the family vacation!


I have no idea how to figure out when this might have been made, but I think a good hint could be that it was made in Ireland.


These cups were also on the free table! I love them so much I was considering giving them their own yard sale sneak preview post. We had the exact same cups when I was younger and I'm pretty sure they had sippy cup lids.


Probably my favorite thing from the yard sale haul was this Cape Cod charm. I really, really almost gave it it's own post, as you might be able to tell from the sunset porch wood background. The charm makes me feel all giddy and happy when I look at it because I'm originally from Cape Cod. Hopefully I'll get to go sometime over the summer.

The next few things are for the Etsy shop that me and Don are opening sometime soon. We already have a big plastic bin and a couple of overflowing bags full of knick-knacks, clothing and jewelry for the internet to ogle. See something you like? It could be yours in the near future!


Humming bird tin! I already have a tin collection, but this one is so pretty. I can't decide who deserves this more, me or the internet! It also used to be someone's sewing tin; they left little labels on the sides with things like "pins," "needles."


Bottle opener from a local brewery/spirit house that I'm pretty sure no longer exists.


Mirror set. They're not fancy, but they do have a pretty design on the back.


Handy-Hannah blow dryer! I got really excited when I saw this, but I couldn't tell you why. It doesn't have the stand anymore, and it's not something that I want to own, but look at that sweet fifties pink!

Now on to Don's picks:


This 1933 World Fair wallet is a potential birthday present for Don's brother.


It's hilarious to me that Don wanted to get a sharp, serrated knife because he's avidly vegetarian, and has been for years and years. What does a vegetarian need a well made, sharp, serrated knife for? Cutting Field Roast. Duh.


Now for the grand finale, a trash can!

The entire year we've been living in this apartment we haven't had a trash basket in the bathroom, we've just been using the ol' grocery store bag on the floor trick (classy, I know). But now we have one and it was free! It may be a little dingy, maybe even to the point where I asked Don if he thought someone used it as a spit bucket for chewing tobacco (too graphic?), but it's sitting on the porch in the rain and hopefully that will clean it off. And look how neat those pictures are! If it wasn't quite so dirty I might mind using it for trash.

And there our trip through what came home with Don and Amelia last weekend ends, one step closer to having an attractive bathroom!

1 comment:

  1. Those Tupperware cups did have lids! We used to have some of those, too! Great finds and good luck on your Esty shop. I have started buying things for my future shop.

    ReplyDelete