Wednesday, March 16, 2011

try, try again

Shirt: thrifted, trouser jeans: thrifted, shoes: thrifted

Over the past few months I've been dipping my toes into two clothing choices.

One: Leopard print. When I was maybe 16 my mom got a set of leopard print sheets and I told her leopard print was only for women going through mid-life crises (oof, I was such a brat). Well, she wins this one! I really, really like leopard print now. This shirt is so comfy; it's an acrylic sweater/blouse, perfect for weather that's just starting to warm up. Hopefully I'm not going through a mid-life crisis because that would make for one very short life.

Two: Red. Another story. When I was 13 me and my sister were back to school shopping and I tried on a red shirt. She told me, in all her 11 year old fashion savvy, that I should never wear red because it makes my skin look blotchy. Ouch. It's taken me almost ten years to try wearing red again. When you're an awkward 13 year old these things really stick I guess.

Also I found one way to combat my fantastic picture face. Looking down!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amelie! I just read your comment and it's so, so, so sweet! :) Definitely not an overshare in an introduction, I'm so happy you decided to comment and introduce yourself!
    I'll be following!
    xo

    ReplyDelete