Monday, March 21, 2011

the pants question

Sweater: thrifted, necklace: vintage, dress: Target, tights: Hue, shoes: thrifted

Since my last outfit post I have worn the same pair of skinny jeans four days in a row. It's not that I think this is gross, it's that this is kind of a revelation to me. In fact, I wouldn't have even noticed except that I've been keeping a what-I-wore journal a la PaperSparrow. Now here's the real kicker: I own three pairs of pants. Maybe it's not so surprising that I wore the same pair for days in a row? Either way, I challenged myself to wear anything but pants. I like wearing skirts and dresses more, and have tons, so I can't see any reason to wear the same pair of pants multiple days in a row. Laziness? I might challenge myself to a week without pants sometime soon.


I also own a ton of jewelry, necklaces in particular, but hardly wear them. I really like this one. I got it at an antiques mall over a year ago for five dollars! One of the reasons I don't wear a lot of jewelry is that nice little ring in my nose. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm overdoing it if I wear jewelry, and sometimes I worry about mixing silver and gold jewelry. I've been thinking about getting a retainer for my septum so it's not quite as noticeable. I don't want to get rid of it, I just don't want it to be so in yer face.

Detail shot. I really love lockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment