Wednesday, March 9, 2011

jealousy

Plaid & pants: Target, shirt: Arcade Fire, shoes: thrifted

This is my partner. He's the one that took the pictures of me, and who will hopefully continue to put up with me asking him to do so. The point of this post, however, is not just to show off his sweet mug, but also to show off his sweet shoes. Today was the first time he's worn these babies out of the house since he got them a few weeks ago.


I love saddle shoes. So. Much. I wish they were my size; they are a beautiful color and have fantastic details. He has no idea how jealous I am of these shoes. Since they're not my size I've been encouraging him to wear them and I'm so happy he did.

Edit: I've been told these are wingtips, not saddle shoes. Still jealous!

3 comments:

  1. Found your link from Peter's blog. I hope I don't sound all bossy, but just FYI - those are wingtips, not saddle shoes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bossy at all! It's good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh whew! ;-)

    You asked on my blog about the difference between wingtips and saddle shoes.

    Saddle shoes - two toned with a saddle-shaped contrast at the shoe middle, no decorative stitching unless it's on the contrast color, more roundish toe shape, usually a red sole.

    Wingtips - more pointy toe shape with a second layer at the toe which looks like a "W" when viewed from above (or a bird with wings extended, thus the name) and has perforations and serrated edges, and sometimes decorative perforations on the toe but not always, leather heels and soles. "Spectator" wingtips can be two-toned, but the contrast is at the toe and heel, not at the sides like saddle shoes.

    I'm NOT a shoe expert, just married to a man who loves his wingtips. ;-)

    ReplyDelete