Saturday, March 19, 2011

new babies


I am such a happy camper right now. These are my brand spanking new (to me) Singer 6215c sewing machine and Vogue Sewing book! Now, I already have a wonderful Brother sewing machine, but my partner noticed this baby when we were at the Goodwill and pointed it out to me (he knows me too well). This Singer has a horizontal spool holder and a drop in bobbin, two things I've never used before.

So now I guess I have a small collection of sewing machines.


I'm also really excited about Vogue Sewing. There isn't any information in it that I couldn't look up online, but it's nice to have it in paper form. You know, so I don't always have to sew with my laptop next to me. And look at these sleeves! Wonderful 80's puff sleeves! My Vogue Sewing was printed in 1982 so it's full of beauties like these. I want to replace this picture with a better one, but my computer does not want to cooperate with this idea.


Back to the Singer: the Goodwill wanted $25 for this, and I would have happily payed that if it weren't missing so many things. That's the bad news. Here's the list: power/foot pedal cord, the whole storage compartment and everything that would have been kept in it like feet, needles, bobbins, the spool holder. The missing cord is the big problem, but it's not irreplaceable. So I got my new sewing machine for $10, a whole lot better after looking at the price for a new cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment