Monday, March 7, 2011

full sleeve


Jars are quite possibly the best travel mugs. They seal completely so they don't spill. They fit the perfect amount of water for a cup of tea. They're designed to withstand hot temperatures. You probably have a million of them in your recycle bin. The only problem is that the glass gets hot! So without further ado, I introduce to you the jar sleeve!


One of my friends (and future housemate!) bikes everywhere and almost always has a jar of tea with her. However, she just wraps a bandanna around her jar and ties it off, which leads to slippage and her not being able to tie her hair back with the bandanna. So for her birthday I wanted to make a jar sleeve. Even if her birthday was almost a month ago.

Birthday present recieved!

I wanted to crochet an elastic into the final round to keep the sleeve tight on the jar, but the only elastic I had was far too thick and stiff. This is fine, I made a drawstring instead and it breaks up the monotony on the back.


This crochet pattern was my inspiration for making the jar sleeve in the first place and where I got the motif. I made everything so much more complicated by only following the pattern for the motif and making the rest up as I went along. I think it turned out great, so this is a success in my book!

More info on how to make your own here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you so much for the information on the skirt, it's perfect! I also wanted to say how cute your jar sleeve is, thank you so much for the link!

    ReplyDelete