Sunday, September 29, 2013

what's in my stash?!

Hello ladies & bots, and welcome to my new series: What's In My Stash?!  I can say this at least, there is so much.  So, so much.  In fact, I've put myself on a yarn diet until I get things a little more under control.  In the mean time I've decided to document the yarns I have tucked away and what I intend to do with them.  So without further ado:


We have MORE left over Cashmerino Aran from my Miette sweater (you'll see it soon, I promise!).  I've already started using the leftovers from the sweater in my Zig Zag prototype.  I've had this yarn since February (the 14th, to be exact.  A Valentines Day gift to myself?)  The reason I have so so much of this yarn is because I bought a bag at Webs during a take-this-percent-off-an-entire-bag sale.  Very dangerous, but I knew I wanted to knit a sweater out of it.

I do have a plan for these extra extras though!  I have another cowl design in mind that should be beautiful in the Cashmerino Aran, and if that doesn't pan out I'll knit an Avery cowl for myself.


Remember my failed attempt to try to stretch a skein of Spud & Chloe Fine into a pair of socks?  I still have almost an entire skein of Fine after that, though it is from two almost indistinguishable dye lots.  I bought the first skein a few days before Christmas last year (I love buying myself presents, this is well documented!), so the yarn has been in my stash for a while.  These will become a pair of fingerless mittens a la the Spring Buds Mitts.  You'll probably see them very soon because a) I don't have any mittens right now, and b) I couldn't stop thinking about this as I was falling asleep last night!


I loved this Sweet Caroline hand spun yarn (picked up at the end of April at a sustainability fair) in the skein, but just couldn't get into the hat I made out of it!  I still have a decent little ball of it left since I was worried about yardage and was stingy in knitting the first hat.  My plan so far is to find a soft matchy solid yarn to go with the hand spun and knit something like my Not Where's Waldo hat out of the two.  I'd knit the brim in the solid and the crown in the hand spun, then I might not be so overwhelmed by it.  But don't expect to see this plan come to fruition any time soon because yarn diet = no new yarn, and I'm not feeling enthusiastic about this at all!

Next week I'll show you some more leftover yarns, then we can get into the exciting yarns that you've never seen before!

No comments:

Post a Comment