Monday, September 9, 2013

recent thrift finds


In the last year I've really cut down on the amount of junk I take home from the thrift store.  Part of it is that the clutter bothers D, part of it is that the clutter bothers ME, and the other part is that while one thing may not cost much, bringing home everything does!  That said, one of my favorite little thrift stores in town had their fall turn over last week and I did manage to take lots of things home!


Most of what I picked up is useful, kitchen type things to replace our junky old ones: a metal colander to replace our plastic one, matching little crock pots to replace the unmatched set, and so on.


And then of course the yarn!  I was the first to make it back to the craft section when the doors opened (what, I didn't mention that there were fifty people lined up to get in?) and what I found was eight skeins of Cascade 220!  It's a nice heathered brown that I'm pretty sure will turn into a lounging sweater later this fall.  I also found the three partial skeins in the top photo.  I'm pretty sure two of them are alpaca, which I'm allergic to, so they'll probably become holiday presents.

All in all I'd say I didn't do too shabby on opening day!

No comments:

Post a Comment