Friday, September 20, 2013

firefly


Here it is my patient friends, my finished Firefly top!  This fabric is delicious, and I love the idea behind this design, but that might be all that I have to say that's nice about this knit!


So, the first thing I have to say is naughty self for not making my swatch big enough!  If I had made my swatch bigger I would have known how much the fabric would stretch.  Looking back at my work in progress photo makes me realize just how much bigger the top got after I washed it.  My major mod (documented on Ravelry) was to add in stitches under the arms and I definitely did not need the extra room!

To tell you the truth, I actually haven't worn Firefly since these pictures were taken.  Which is so sad!  Since I haven't been wearing the top anyway I think I'll put it in the drier next time I do laundry.  If it shrinks to a good size: hooray!  But if not I won't be losing anything that was in use before.


Pattern: Gemini by Jane Richmond, my mods on Ravelry

Yarn: Classic Elite Firefly

No comments:

Post a Comment