Friday, August 2, 2013

blueberry smoothie

Blueberry Smoothie on Ravelry

Last week when we had a few days of nice cool weather I decided I NEEDED to knit a hat.  I've been feeling bogged down by my loop and mittens for my sister, so the hat had to be something quick and easy and fun.  The knitting had to be like eating candy.

I didn't even stop to take a WIP pic until I was about ready to start decreasing

I've had this hand spun yarn from Sweet Caroline Wools since early this summer and it seemed like a perfect time to use it.  The colors are a nice mixture of mint green, yellow, and light purple on a dark blue-green base.  I thought the subtle texture of the Hurricane Hat pattern would be a good match for the yarn but the purl ridges get lost in all the colorful hand spun glory.  Unfortunately it's all a bit too exciting for me so I've already given the hat to my best friend who's in town for a couple weeks (perfect timing).  Seeing this lovely face in a hand knit hat is a bit like eating candy too.


Pattern: Hurricane Hat from Love, Hestia; mods documented on Ravelry

Yarn: Ramboulliet Blueberry Smoothie from Sweet Caroline Wools

No comments:

Post a Comment