Friday, September 27, 2013

jayne hat


My former roommate has left for Budapest already, but not before I gave her this fabulous going away present!  Plus a half eaten package of Cadbury Mini Eggs.  Those things are seriously good.  As you can see she was pretty pleased with the hat and even wore it for the rest of her bowling alley going away party!

Years ago, when we lived together and I was just a budding knitter, I told her I could totally make her a Jayne hat and then never did.  I probably wouldn't have been able to at that point, but I didn't even try.  Mean, mean self.  Fast forward to six months ago when I watched Firefly and all of a sudden I remembered my promise to make this hat!

Not my former roommate, but a decent picture of the hat!

I used this Jayne Hat pattern as a starting point, but the only yarn I could find that was obnoxiously bright enough was definitely not bulky weight!  Yes, I could have held it double and used the pattern as written, but I had to be a knitting overachiever and rework the pattern.  After a couple false starts it all worked out, and my mods are documented on my Ravelry project page.

Pattern: Jayne Hat from Demonic Progress (free), my mods for using a DK weight yarn on Ravelry

Yarn: Universal Yarn Dolce Merino, it was even on sale when I bought it from Webs!

No comments:

Post a Comment