Wednesday, June 12, 2013

pre-birthday

Oh, I meant to put this post up weeks ago!  My birthday is tomorrow (TOMORROW!!!), so every fun purchase I've made recently has been a birthday present.  I wanted to show off a little bit, so here are some pics.


The Webs Anniversary Sale was a fantastic excuse to go a little nuts on knitting related birthday presents.  I heard about Amy Herzog's new book Knit to Flatter on the Webs podcast and knew I wanted a copy.  I also like a surprising number of patterns from the Summer 2013 Interweave Knits magazine so I figured I'd buy the whole thing because why not!  It's my birthday!


The necklace isn't a knitting related present, but it came wrapped up so nicely that I couldn't resist adding it to this birthday loot post.  It's such a perfect bauble: a glass sphere filled with dandelion seeds!  It came from Etsy (where else would a wonderful bauble filled with dandelion seeds come from?) from a shop called The Handing Garden.


Last on my brag list is a skein of Blue Moon Marine Silk.  During the Anniversary Sale at Webs all Blue Moon yarns were 25% off.  Since I've never knit with any Blue Moon yarns it became another birthday present!

I took these pictures a couple weeks ago, so at this point I can add a sea shell shawl pin (also a Webs purchase) and a dress from Modcloth to my list of birthday presents.  I'm sure you can tell that my birthday month is my favorite time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment