Thursday, September 26, 2013

brattleboro, vt


A couple weekends ago D and I took an overnight trip to Brattleboro Vermont  to celebrate our five year anniversary!  It was incredibly nice and tons of fun, but you'll just have to trust me on that because I only took one picture while we were there!  Alas, I will never be a serious blogger because I can't be bothered to stop what I'm doing to document it.  I don't think this is a bad thing though.

Anyway, we stayed at the Latchis Hotel which was beautiful even though they're in the middle of renovating their Main Theater.  We didn't see any shows while we were there but plan to go back for a day trip some time soon!  However we did walk around town a bit: D scoped out Brattleboro Books while I spent far too much time in Twice Upon a Time!


Instead of pictures of beautiful Vermont I hope you'll be content with a couple of "things on my kitchen table" pictures.  On our way out of town we stumbled upon the Brattleboro Farmer's Market, then stopped for souvenir yarn at Knit or Dye.  Wow is that a nice farmer's market!  We brought home cheese and some amazing cider.  I couldn't even get a picture of the cider before we drank it!


No post would be complete without yarn so here is the skein that I picked up from Knit or Dye!  It is 4oz of DK kettle dyed yarn from The Spun Monkey, and is much prettier and much richer in person.  I'm pretty sure it will become a hat this winter, even though red is one of my difficult colors. 

Brattleboro definitely gets the seal of approval from me, which means an awful lot since I win the award for world's biggest home body!

No comments:

Post a Comment