Monday, October 14, 2013

what's in my stash?!: part three

The alternate title for today's foray into What's in My Stash?! is "A Girl Can Never Have Enough Hats."  Over the weekend I visited my beloved Webs with my favorite new(ish) knitter and found myself saying "a girl can never have too many..." about quite a few things.  Hats of course, but also cowls and mittens.  I will have you know that I resisted the urge to buy all the yarn, even though a pink-purple-turquoise striped cowl was calling out to me from the skeins on the shelf!


Back in the realm of never having enough hats, we have a skein of Valley Yarns Charlemont, one of my favorite yarns.  The real color of this yarn is a smidge more green than it looks here.  I bought this at the beginning of May, the same day I bought the yarn for my Sea Green Bias (it's actually the same color in a non-kettle dye variety).  I've had it in my head to finally try Melissa LaBarre's Crooked Paths with this yarn, so that's what it's tagged for at the moment.


This Marine Silk you've seen before in my happy birthday to me post in June.  Since then I have knit with a Blue Moon yarn, just not this one (the shell of my super warm mittens are in Blue Moon Gaea).  I don't have a specific plan for this yarn yet, other than maybe-a-hat.  All I know is that I want it next to my face to snuggle with!


Last but definitely not least is another yarn you've recently seen, the kettle dyed Spun Monkey yarn I got in Vermont!  This is such a pretty skein, I just can't get it to photograph well!  I think I did a better job this time though.  Red in any form is out of my comfort zone, so this is a pushing myself yarn.  Right now my plan is to knit a Hinagiku Hat out of it.  Mmm, daisy stitch!  Before I started seriously keeping track of my knitting here on the blog I created some seamless daisy stitch mittens and a matching cowl for a friend, but didn't write out a pattern.  Silly silly!

Even with all these plans for all these nice yarns I don't think you'll see the hats until after the holidays, because right about now I'm starting to get worried about having time to finish gifts!  It seems early but I have a couple time consuming ones to get out of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment