Friday, April 8, 2011

ticker tape parade no. 6


30th Anniversary Reproductive Justice Conference is this weekend! Actually it starts this afternoon! I wish my life were as interesting as it's seemed the past few weeks, I usually don't go to this many conferences, it's just that time of year.

How brave! Casey of Elegant Musings is doing a 30x30 challenge right now by herself! I think I could do a 30x30 challenge with the one million other bloggers that do the challenge when Kendi puts one out there, but I don't know if I'd do it by myself.

A post on Little Girl Big Closet about what Tara's blog means to her and what she wants out of it kind of hit home. The past six weeks (these Friday favorites are a great way to keep track of how long I've been writing this blog) I've been trying to figure out what this blog is. It's not completely a style blog, not completely a crafting blog, not completely a thrifting blog. What it is is a little piece of my world put out there for someone else to find, hopefully like what they see and want to share too. Now I need to quit being sentimental about my little fledgling blog. We really should be friends though.

Along the line of blog-things, I've been working on a "worthwhile reads" page. I used to have them in a long list down the side bar, but it really bothered me that the side bar was longer than my posts (neurotic? Very possibly). I'm not affiliated with any of these blogs, and am still working on the courage to comment on many of them, but I really do think they're worthwhile reads!

So in that respect, I started following Cakies, Lemon and Raspberry, Flashlights and Arrows, and Two Birds this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment