Tuesday, April 5, 2011

espressos, cappuccinos, americanos, lattes...


This is the newest addition to our household's coffee brewing devices: an espresso maker!

It's not quite as epic and sinister looking as I lead you to believe.

The past couple days I've been pretty consistently giddy, so it's probably not surprising (at least I'm not surprised) that I got so excited about finding an espresso maker at the Goodwill today. Me and (let's skip the whole initials thing and just call him by his name) Don were wandering around the Goodwill when we found not one, but two espresso makers for three dollars each. After finding a book about espresso making as well, and deliberating for a while on the knowledge gleaned from some quick reading, this is the one we chose. When we got home I immediately went town cleaning it up. It was pretty dingy looking before.

Now, neither of us has ever used an espresso maker.


So this is the first cup of espresso I've ever made! Slightly silty, but still tasty. However, I'm not sure if someone who knew what they were doing would agree with me. I think that I'm going to be over caffeinated for a while because all I want to do is make cup after cup to perfect the skill.

I'm also kind of afraid of the milk steamer. I want to learn how to use it but figure I'll learn how to make decent espresso first THEN try steaming milk. Let's not get carried away here.

No comments:

Post a Comment