Wednesday, December 4, 2013

wip wednesday: laraine


Oh, gift knitting!  I usually don't offer to knit gifts - friends and family get what I want to knit for them, and that's that.  This year Don's mom asked me to knit her a shawl and I agreed, said we'd check out Ravelry together and pick something out.  The next time I saw her she handed me a little bag with yarn and a pattern and told me she'd gotten excited.

So I am knitting a huge lace weight shawl for her, oh boy!  This is the first time I've knit with a lace weight yarn, and while the yarn itself is very nice I'm not really enjoying it.  D's mom took the ball band off, but I'm almost positive it's the yarn called for in the pattern, the Twin Leaf Shawl.  I'm maaaaaaybe half way done with it at this point.  I'll jot down some of the small changes I made to the pattern on my Ravelry project page, but haven't done so yet.  Ok, back to knittng!  This behemoth isn't going to knit itself, unfortunately!

No comments:

Post a Comment