Friday, December 27, 2013

zig zag


Happy holidays to you and yours to anyone reading this!  I staged a last minute photo shoot for one of my "designs" under the Christmas tree a couple days ago, so I thought I would skip ahead and share.

This is my Zig Zag Cowl from back in September.  It was an incredibly quick and fun knit.  I like it so much that I would have kept it if the mysterious white yarn hadn't turned out to be alpaca.  Oh, how I wish I wasn't allergic to alpaca!


For my next attempt I might leave out a pattern repeat.  The cowl turned out just a little bit too long.  The other little issue I have to iron out is the extra stitch that the provisional cast on creates.  I'd like to streamline that so seaming it together at the end is easier.  Then maaaaaybe I'll write up a pattern!


Pattern: Zig Zag, not yet self published pattern

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, left over from my Miette sweater; mystery worsted weight alpaca yarn from the thrift store

No comments:

Post a Comment