Friday, December 20, 2013

miette


Oh that verdant greenery!  Forget about my hand knit sweater, if only it was that lush and warm out!  Right now I am surrounded by a half foot of snow and it is too cold for anything but a full length sweater!  Sigh.

Even if it is too cold to wear this sweater now, I did finish it (back at the beginning of September) and am very proud of it.  I didn't make any mods, but it does have a Ravelry page.  The pattern I used is Andi Satterlund's Miette; it's the first of her sweater patterns I've knit.  The construction of this sweater is different than her others, but I'm hooked on her patterns!


In fact, I fell so in love with Andi's newest pattern Hetty that I was rushing to finish Miette to join a knit along.  I finished in time, but never found a yarn I liked for Hetty so I didn't join in the end.  I wish I hadn't rushed quite so much, but I got a beautiful new sweater in the end!


One of the most special details I added to my Miette was backing buttons!  I was feeling a bit too lazy and a bit too rushed to add the grosgrain ribbon I was considering, but these vintage buttons still needed a little something to keep the stress of being done and undone off them.  The backing buttons came from my button jar.  I've had a button stash for years, but never seem to use any of them.  It was so nice to finally be able to!


I really enjoy having a sweater in the works, so shortly after finishing Miette I started Cocoa!

Pattern: Andi Satterlund's Miette; no mods, 38" bust size

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran

No comments:

Post a Comment