Friday, December 13, 2013

not where's waldo


This hat was actually a very, very quick project, but hasn't made it onto the blog in it's finished state because of my, ahem, little obsessive problem.  But now we're back on track!

The name "Not Where's Waldo" came from my future mother in law telling me that every striped item looked like Where's Waldo.  I felt a little hurt (Do I look like Where's Waldo?  Am I that silly looking?), but it made for a great hat!  You can find my Ravelry project page here.


The brim on "Not Where's Waldo" came out a little tight, so over the course of a few hours the hat tends to wiggle its way up and takes on a slouched look, but it's so very warm that I can forgive it for this.  The peaked crown issue that I mentioned on Ravelry, and that you can see in the pictures, has been solved by "blocking" the hat over my own wet hair.  Voila!


Pattern: Regular Guy Beanie, free on Ravelry and altered for a fold over brim.

Yarn: Valley Yarns Sheffield, leftover from my Shawl Collared Sweater.  Unfortunately this yarns seems to be discontinued, what a pity!

No comments:

Post a Comment