Friday, August 30, 2013

mermaid's necklace

Mermaid's Necklace on Ravelry

Hello, just stopping in here quickly today to tie up a loose end: the crochet necklace I started in May!  This poor necklace had to be crocheted twice since I didn't like the first iteration, shown below.  The length was wrong and the pearls were too evenly spaced.  So with the necklace's rebirth I decided to also give it a new name: the Mermaid's Necklace!


Since I didn't buy the faux-pearls specifically for this project (I pulled apart a vintage necklace that was far past it's prime, though I kept the clasp and used it to finish this new necklace) I ended up with quite a few left over pearls.  As you can see I've already made some matching earrings, but I still have so many left and no idea what to do with them!

My favorite part is the three closely spaced pearls to the right in this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment