Wednesday, July 10, 2013

wip: firefly

Firefly on Ravelry

I've had the Gemini top from Knitty on my list since it came out last year.  This year after finishing my first real sweater I felt confident enough to try it and here it is, almost finished already!  I didn't want to call it Gemini so I named it Firefly after the yarn instead.  You can find my list of haphazard mods on the project page on Ravelry.

One of my casual New Years Resolutions (as in only in my head) was to practice project monogamy.  I very seldom leave a project unfinished, but I liked the idea of focusing on one or two knitting projects at a time.  The way this has worked for me is to have one big project and one small project going at once.  The Gemini top is what I started after finishing my Girly Grandfather Vest, which, oops!  I haven't gotten around to talking about here.

My little shirt before it was even separated for the sleeves. They grow so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment