Wednesday, June 1, 2011

espresso explosion


The other morning the saddest thing happened.

There were a number of things that went into this catastrophe: We're in the process of moving, so we didn't have a coffee grinder. So we ground our coffee at the store when we got it, putting it on the espresso grind. Then we put it in the freezer when we got home. I'm pretty sure what happened was that it was ground too fine (take that espresso setting on the store grinder!) then frozen, so the too small grounds clogged the filter then expanded/made more steam when they got hot.


All that to say that there was an espresso explosion the other morning. I almost cried as I was cleaning it up, but only because it was first thing in the morning, all I wanted was coffee, and there I was sopping up coffee grounds.


Aaaand this is the entire scene. Can you see how far that thing flew? If not I drew an arrow in to make it really obvious.

Happily the espresso maker isn't broken! I apprehensively made a shot of espresso yesterday (using our new grinder) and it turned out fine. Then I poured the espresso over ice and made an iced americano. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment