Wednesday, June 15, 2011

kitten


I took a few days off of work to go home to Cape Cod for my birthday. I had all these grand plans to take nice pictures of me turning a glorious twenty two, but the only pictures I ended up taking were of my friend's new puppy, Diesel.


Diesel is a 3/4 pit bull 1/4 lab mix that my friend rescued from rural Kentucky while at a workshop. She is the cutest dog, and contrary to what many people say, pit bulls and pit bull mixes are super sweet dogs. When they're treated poorly they grow up mean, just like any other dog. If you're looking to adopt I really, really would encourage you to look into getting a pit bull. There are so many good dogs who need homes and as pit bulls they're usually only given a few days in a shelter before they get put down.

Now that I've got that out of the way, I can show you more cute pictures.


This was Diesel's first trip to the beach. She is really unsure about going in the water even though she has perfect lab webbed feet. Though we did get her in up to her puppy knees that day.

I got to spend my birthday hanging out with these cuties

I'm partial to the name Kitten (or Amelia Junior), so that's what I've been calling her. Not that there's anything wrong with the name Diesel, and not that I haven't also been calling her Diesel, I just call her Kitten more.

She caught and ate a dragonfly at my mom's house. You can see it in her mouth.


That's pretty much what my birthday looked like. It was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment