Friday, August 23, 2013

girly grandfather vest


Remember way back in the beginning of July when I said I'd show you some pictures of my Girly Grandfather Vest that I finished way back in the beginning of June?  Well, here she is!  Don gave me a ton of compliments when I finished the vest, so I will call it a success even when there are some things I wish I had done differently.


The pattern I "used" is the Grandfather Vest from Knitting 24/7.  However it is heavily, heavily modified.  I swapped in a less fuzzy yarn (that I thrifted!), shortened the vest, and moved the shaping around.  I played with the gauge a little but only to get the waist to nip in a bit more.


Accidentally I used a larger needle on the neck ribbing.  The dog ate the knitting needles I was using and I wrote down the wrong size before I went to the store.  I haven't felt like redoing the neckline but after looking at these pictures I might.

Even with my little complaints I'm very proud of this knit.  I don't have very much experience with larger knit projects but I am becoming confident enough to alter them!  The vest will also be nice to wear in the fall with high-waisted skirts.


Pattern: Heavily modified Granfather Vest from Knitting 24/7

Yarn: Mirasol Yarns Cotanani

No comments:

Post a Comment