Monday, August 5, 2013

little blue baby outfit


Mittens are not the only things I've been knitting for my sister!  My first nephew is due in November and I have been having so much fun knitting tiny things for him.

The Offset Wraplan is the first baby sweater I've knit, and I was a bit worried about it at first.  I changed the gauge to work with some Reynolds Sunrise I got from a thrift store, then the yarn felt a little crunchy all knit up.  Happily, after throwing the whole thing through the washing machine (I wanted to make sure it could be washed easily, babies are messy little people!) it softened right up.

Little Blue Hat on Ravelry

After finishing the sweater I still had so much of this blue yarn that I would never have used for anything else, so I whipped up a matching Basic Baby Hat.  They're both in a 6 month-ish size, as is the most recent sweater I've been knitting, so I really need to stop that and make him something he can wear after he's born!

Patterns: Offset Wraplan (free Ravelry download) and Basic Baby Hat (from Mama's Stitchery Projects)

Yarn: Discontinued Reynolds Sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment