Wednesday, January 16, 2013

wip wednesday


This is a teaser photo if there ever was one!  I've been working on this sweater since November.  If/when I finish it, it will be my first wearable sweater.  When I first learned to knit way back when I tried to knit a sweater and it was disastrous.  I didn't make a swatch, so I knit the entire sweater and didn't realize until The sweater was seamed together that it was about three sizes too large.  Then I might've ripped it out and done the same thing over, except only two sizes too large.

I'm having the opposite problem with this sweater.  I made a swatch (many swatches) and didn't like the hand of the fabric when I got gauge. So I lazily calculated it out so that with a larger gauge I'd get something like a medium sweater while following the numbers for a small.  But!  Now after binding off the hem I'm worried that the sweater will be too small.  Woe is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment