Monday, January 14, 2013

greyscale

Greyscale Norby on Ravelry

I put all of my "for fun" knitting on hold a few weeks before Christmas, so I was surprised to be able to finish this Norby I was knitting for myself before the end of 2012.  It's made out of two shades of leftover Charlemont yarn from hats I knit in 2012, one for me and one for my sister.  Falling in love with the Valley Yarns Charlemont was what got me to like going to Webs instead of just feeling overwhelmed when I was there.


When I bought the pattern earlier this year it was to make the hat for a friend.   I knew I wanted one for myself but didn't know if it would every happen.  I'm still not quite sure how to fit the hat in with the rest of my "cotton candy femme" wardrobe, but I like it a lot.


And I LOVE these tassels!! I didn't put tassels on the first Norby I made.  The directions in the pattern are fantastic.

I'm claiming this as my final finished project for 2012, even though the tassels didn't go on until the beginning of this month.  We'll see what fun knitting this new year brings!  My Christmas present to myself was bunches of really nice yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment