Saturday, January 19, 2013

iz for al

 Iz for Al on Ravelry

This is the first finished object of my winter birthday knitting!  Perhaps I should call it winter-and-spring birthday knitting, but I'll be averaging about one birthday knit per month for the next few months.


I really love this pattern, it's so very clever, and I love clever knits.  I'm so glad Andi Satterlund of Untangling Knots gave away a couple of her patterns as a holiday gift. My color choices make my version look bizarrely similar to her original, but grey-on-grey is the palette that the birthday recipient liked best.  I'd like to make another for myself (probably not until next year) in coral and cream.  Or navy and white?  Would that look too much like a nautical flag??


Of course while knitting I didn't read the part of the directions that said "do not pick up wraps."  So for the first half of the cowl I awkwardly picked up all of my poorly done wraps.  For the second half I found the shadow wrap post on Socktopus.  Of course you can't really see any of the wraps in the seed stitch, but I know how much nicer the second set of shaping rows are.  And the silver lining is that now I've had so much short row practice for when I get to the miles and miles of ribbing on my shawl collared sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment