Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013


The world didn't end in 2012!  Hurray and happy New Year!  We had a very quiet night here; we went out to see some friends at the bar but were home by 11.  I only barely stayed awake to see the new year cuddled in bed with Don and the puppy.  After that, with my responsibilities fulfilled, I promptly fell asleep.

I do have some 2013 Goals that I would like to share to keep my self accountable.

1. Use this space

I've started working on this goal a little bit already.  As for near-future goals, I'd still like to post about the knitting I did for Christmas.  For the year, I'd like to continue posting, aiming for 1 or 2 posts a week.  I'd like to do some design work on the blog (spruce it up, make it pretty).  Maybe make some blog friends, get some readers?

2. Train the puppy

We've started reading My Smart Puppy as a training guide and we're going to sign up for puppy obedience classes.  Backy's not very well house trained and she's very nippy.  Neither of these are good.  'Nuff said.

3. Start running again


I started running this past summer but stopped about a month in.  I'd like to pick it back up again and take Backy running with me.

4. Cook more meals

I started today by making smoked salmon chowder! This goal feels difficult because I like cooking, but Don is an incredibly picky eater.  I have to stop feeling guilty about cooking things just for myself and leaving the rest as meals for work.  Maybe do some light meal planning?

5. Clean the house

Hate cleaning, like living in a clean house.  Wah wah wah.  I need to get better at maintenance cleaning so that cleaning isn't an ordeal.

That's it!  I don't feel the need to make any crafting or knitting related goals.  Those activities happen so easily that any goal I made would look more like "put the knitting down and clean the damn house."  And that's not a fun goal.  Some it-would-be-nice goals are: use my sewing machine more often (get the poor thing serviced!), and figure out a small, craft related, income augmenter.  Just not anything that makes me hate a hobby.

Happy 2013!  May the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment