Saturday, January 4, 2014

finished holiday gifts

Finished object... Saturday?  Ok!  Before heading too far into 2014, I wanted to share the gifts that I knit for the holidays.  They aren't anything earth shatteringly exciting, so I'll lump them here together.


The most exciting of the bunch - and that says a lot about the bunch, because this is not the most exciting scarf - is the scarf I knit as a gift for a Yankee Swap.  I added fringe!  Weirdly enough, this is a new technique for me.  Tassels I can do.  Pom-poms are a no brainer.  But I'm just not into fringe on scarves.  However, my cast off end was none-too-pretty so I added the fringe to disguise it!  I have some notes on Ravelry, but there really isn't much to say about such a simple scarf.

Pattern: Scrunchable Scarf (free on Ravelry)  Yarn: Berroco Vintage


Next up, the Brother Hat Part Two!  (See Part One here)  The hat I knit my brother last year was made up in some beautiful Malabrigo Twist; it was so thick and had these wonderful subtle color variations... and then he put it through the wash with his regular laundry.  So this year my brother got the same hat in a washable yarn.  Again, I left some notes on Ravelry, but it's a very simple hat.

Pattern: The Boy Hat (free on Ravelry), with some modifications  Yarn: Berroco Vintage


You may not be able to actually see the hat I made my brother-in-law, but what he's holding is a plant hook he gave me and Don THAT HE MADE!  This is hands down the best hand made gift swap ever.  Who cares about the hat I made, I can't wait to hang some pretty plants in the spring!

Pattern: The Boy Hat (again), one tiny modification Yarn: Berroco Vintage

If only Andi Satterlund had published this new hat pattern before the holidays I could have added some variation to my gift knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment