Friday, January 10, 2014

tiny fisherman


I was hoping there would be some cute baby action in this sweater before I put it up on the blog, but no such luck! May I present to you the finished Tiny Fisherman Sweater!  I'm really proud of this sweater, even if my sister and her husband are afraid to put it on Baby J.  The yarn is a washable, soft acrylic, so they better put the baby in this before he grows out of it!


I had to rip out and start over a couple times before I was satisfied with the cable pattern and sleeve decreases.  They look nice, but I'm not sure how they fit yet.  Probably the aspect that I'm most proud of is the open neckline: easy to get on and off of baby!  The neck closes with buttons and a crochet band with button holes.

Pattern: None!  I made up the pattern based off average 3 month sweater sizes in a baby knits book.  The project has a Ravelry page, though I don't think it will be updated with a pattern.

Yarn: Patons Pearl DK.  Sadly discontinued (I got mine from a thrift store).  It's such a soft baby yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment