Monday, January 6, 2014

what's in my stash?!: holiday acquisitions

I thought I was done with new fiber acquisition!  I was going to be so good, diligently working through my stash over the coming year!  And then my wonderful siblings both gave me new yarn over the holidays!  So much for making more space!


Along with a couple other little goodies, my sister gave me two big ol' hanks of Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool!  I'm already in the middle of a brown sweater, but I think nothing short of a little cabled sweater will do this yarn justice.  I'm not quite sure how the rustic wool-y-ness of this yarn will play with Andi Satterlund's Chuck, but I think I'd be willing to give it a try when I get to this yarn!


My brother (of hat shrinking fame) gave me two hanks of SMC Northern Worsted.  I'm working on another "design," so I see even more stripes in my future!  I'm pretty sure these yarns will be gifted back to my brother in scarf form, though maybe not until the end of this year.


That brother of mine really went all out: he gave me not one, not two, but three yarns!  The third yarn my brother gave me is a silky soft little skein of Jojoland Crown.  This yarn absolutely DID NOT want to have its picture taken!  It's a very springy green in person.  I'll probably do something very simple with it; maybe this Heavenly Cowl or Haze?

Then, to top off these fibery delights, Don's mom also gave me a gift card to the little yarn shop in the town she lives in!  I am so, so lucky to be surrounded by people who care so much about me.  And who encourage me in my bad habit of hoarding yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment