Sunday, November 17, 2013

what's in my stash?!: part four

Ready for another round of What's In My Stash?!  I sure am after yet another unintentional blogging break.  It's just so hard to get myself to do things as the days get shorter and colder.  Curling up with a book and the dog feels like a great accomplishment these days!


Worst picture first so maybe we'll all forget about it by the end of the post!  I took all these pictures at the same time before I really started fiddling with the settings on my dinky little camera (I had a camera settings epiphany while taking these pictures).

These two skeins of Valley Yarns Huntington are destined to become a pair of stripey socks.  The sea-foam colored skein I've has since August, and the natural skein I've had far longer, though I can't remember exactly when it became mine.  Initially I meant to make a candy-striped set of socks with the natural Huntington and pink Spud & Chloe Fine, but the Huntington wasn't a good match.


These three balls of scrumptious merino are Filatura Di Crosa Zara, bought for four dollars a pop at Webs in the beginning of August.  They will be knit up into a stripey cowl, with a natural-tan, tan-navy, navy-natural kind of pattern.  I'm very excited about this project, but alas, won't be getting to it until all the holiday knitting is done.


The last batch of yarns in this group are my special, I'm-afraid-to-use-this yarns.  I have three skeins of Anzula Squishy that were my holiday present last year.  I'm petrified even thinking about what to make out of this yarn, it is by far the nicest yarn I own.  Do I make a matching set of accessories?  Do I make a cropped sweater??  Do I display it on a shelf and touch it lovingly from time to time???  For now it's staying in my stash until I feel confident enough to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment