Sunday, May 19, 2013

bad haircut hat

 Bad Haircut Hat on Ravelry

This is the finished Bad Haircut Hat that I very briefly mentioned way back at the beginning of February!  I bought the Skinner Hat pattern (along with a couple others) when there was a 25% of sale, and I'm very glad I did.  The pattern and finished hat are great.


I made this goofy set of pictures to put up on Facebook after I had a good cry over the haircut.  It wasn't a bad cut on its own, it was just exactly the opposite of what I wanted.  I still don't like how my hair looks but I'm even more terrified of getting it cut than I was before.  It's hair, it grows, I'll live!
 

When I first bought this yarn I had meant to make another Veranda Tam with it, but after I cast on for the brim of the tam I realized what a perfect peacock blue this is and went on a mad search for the perfect peacock feather hat.  It was a tall order and I agonized for a while over patterns, even passing the Skinner Hat over in my first sweep of Ravelry.  It must have been meant to be since the pattern was even on sale when I finally bought it.

In the end I think I still lost this round (not liking the haircut months and months later) but at least I have a nice hat to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment