Saturday, June 15, 2013

saroyan

Saroyan on Ravelry

Hallo, after having a big birthday bash last night for myself, I thought I'd show you some more knitting I've done for other people's birthdays.  It's not all me, me, me around here.  Only for the month of June.  Luckily this was knit for an April birthday!


The pattern is the free Saroyan pattern from Feministy.  When I first saw the pattern I knew it would make a perfect birthday present for one of my best friends since childhood, the other manager of Pure Joy Farm.  It's knit in a very soft thrifted acrylic yarn (Gala Festival, obviously not the eyelash version though the yarn I used is absolutely not bulky weight).  I had originally planned on adding beads but the beads I bought for the project were too small.  I'll just have to try beaded knitting some other time.


I also used this mod for pointed tips.  I don't have any pictures of the recipient wearing my work of art because she lives on the other side of the state, but she does like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment