Thursday, February 21, 2013

unfinished business

I've had two unfinished projects plaguing me for the last year: a fulled cabled headband and some fulled mittens.  They both were started with the best of intentions, as most knitting projects probably are.


The headband I started to use up extra yarn from the Red Star Mittens I made for Don.  I didn't follow a pattern, just used the cable charts from Knitty's Lia Pullover.  Well, the headband came out a smidge too big and the edges curled just a bit too much, so I fulled it in hopes that it would solve all the problems.  It didn't, though the result isn't the hugest flop out there.  I gave the headband to a friend shortly after I took these pictures and I'll think she'll get more use out of it than I would.


The mittens didn't turn out poorly on their own.  In fact I got quite a bit of use out of them this past fall as bicycling mittens.  They were just too plain for me to consider them done.  So I had plans to embroider and line them, but the dear little puppy ruined those plans plans by pulling up the bullion roses I was working on.  I'm not upset about it though because I just wasn't that into the idea anymore.


I'm just glad to be able to consider these both done and not have them looming over me anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment